Saturday, July 11, 2009

Forgiveness...

I wonder...how do you feel when you've wronged someone or they perceived that you've wronged them and you go back to apologize or get it right and now they don't want to hear you or accept your apology...does that continue the cycle of "offense"??

Interesting isn't it?? Biblically speaking, the whole forgive and offense thing is compared to owing someone a debt..."forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors against us..." Even the word, FORGIVE- has money connotations to it, "for" meaning beforehand, or prior to and "give" meaning give...lol...seems to me that if someone owes me a "debt", money or otherwise, regardless of how I feel, I'll accept anything they give me...if you owe me $20 and all you have to give me is $12, I'll take the $12 as opposed to $0...just something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment